Saturday, June 21, 2008

Multicultural Festival

Today my sister and I went to the Multicultural festival at Victoria Park in Kitchener. What a fun time!

The amount of adorable little singers and dancers on stage was awesome - we especially loved the african dancers and little african singing boy...I think he said his name was... oh shoot I forget. Well it started with a Z anyway...

Sarah got a bubble tea - asked for jellies but got tapioca AND jellies!

We shared this lovely drink from a booth where my friend Marwa was... we don't really know what the drink was exactly but it was delicious. It had lemon, lime, strawberry and blackberry. And when I say it had lemon and lime, I mean they were actually floating in the drink - and there was rind in it as well! Oh it was good. I am going to have to ask Marwa for the recipe... if there is one.

Sarah really wanted one of these really cool wrap dresses that we saw at a ton of booths. They are a pretty ingenious idea actually. They can be worn 5 different ways.... pretty sassy!

I really wanted some corn, but I had no more cash :(

Oh and I saw this girl at the Ten Thousand Villages booth and I SWEAR that I know her. It has been driving me nuts since then, and still is! I just can't pinpoint where I know her from.... don't you hate when that happens?

The martketplace section was interesting.... a lot of different finds! I think I am going to look into getting a booth for next year, because the turnout to this event was amazing - SO many people around. I could make a killing! :P

Before Sarah and I left my apartment I showed her how I put Buster in this funny position on a pillow on my bed - and when I got home at least 5 hours later he was STILL there! Hahaa...