Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Eric the Cat

So yesterday was pretty great - I got two awesome wonderful things that are sure to enrich my life greatly.

The first one was expected - I got a new computer, which was VERY much needed - my old one took about 10 minutes to load Mozilla. SO - my Dad came over and got it all set up for me - thanks SO much to Dad and Ryan for all your generosity and help! Now I can watch videos for the first time on my computer :)

The second surprise was ..... ERIC!



My mom has a friend at work who had this lovely little specimen, and needed to find him a new home. I told my Mom that I wanted a kitten, but I didn't know she would bring him over so soon! The next thing I know my Mom is on her way with my new baby. He is amazing - such a cuddler! This two month old boy loves to sleep on, with, or against people. He has a sweet little mew, and very sharp little claws!

Sarah and I took him out for an adventure today to the local pet health food store where he met some new friends, and I got some advice on kitten food. I wound up choosing a kitten kibble that is local - made in Ontario! It is also human grade food - only the best for my little Eric.

He is named after Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid - my absolute favourite movie of all time. Some other names in the running were: Mew (the name of the cat toy in 'The Christmas Toy'), Weegee (the cat in 'The Christmas Toy'), and Rugby (the tiger in 'The Christmas Toy'). I settled on Eric because Mew would have to be grey, Weegee would have to be a tabby, and Rugby would have to be orange. If you have seen 'The Christmas Toy' you will know what I am talking about. Basically, he just looks like an Eric.

Buster hasn't quite accepted Eric yet - he is a little confused as to why Eric gets different food, and SO much attention. Though he hasn't accepted him yet, I know he will - Buster makes a great mother, and I can't wait until they become kissy kissy!



1 comment:

Fiona said...

Meghan!! What a little cutie! I'm so excited to come and visit you all sometime soon!