Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ok, here's a blog for ya

So - I have been thinking a lot about what my business name will be - and this is what I came up with...

Betty

why, you wonder? Betty is my late Gran's name. For those of you who don't know - my Gran is my mom's mother - my grandmother :P
Gran died last year and her death had a profound effect on me. Since she has been gone, she enters my dreams at least once a week - she is always with me.
My Gran taught me how to knit - she was a mother to my mom and her sister who both took up sewing with great passion. (she also has a son - my uncle, but he doesn't sew:P) She loved to knit, knitting all the way until she went into the hospital.
I want to name my business 'Betty' to honour my Gran - to keep her textile love alive - and to keep her even closer to me.
It's also just a super cute name - which is important to me as well ;)



Any thoughts anyone?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it! It's meaningful on many levels. Plus it works as a company name, too.

Meghan Kraatz said...

Thanks bro! I appreciate the support :)

Eleanor Magpie said...

Perfect. It is cute, like your stuff, but it has a deeper meaning as well. I approve!!