Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Going Backwards in Time. Post #3

Square Foot 2009

This year I had a piece in the 'Square Foot' show in Toronto. The show took place from August 15th - September 6th. The idea of this show is that all the pieces are 12 by 12 inches, hence, a square foot! The pieces were by artists of all different mediums, and from all over the world. In total, there were 700 artists involved, and about 1300 pieces. CRAZY! It was such a cool show. Fiona came with me to the opening (thanks Fi!) It was SO busy! We had to wait in line for over 30 minutes - to see my own work!! We didn't stay for too long in the gallery, because it was SO packed in there it felt like a pack of sardines in the microwave... not to mention it was super hot that day outside. The work ranged from what looked like highschool art to super amazing. (We all know where mine was in this range ;) hehe) SO! For those of you who didn't make it to the show, have a look at some shots I snapped. And come by next year - I plan on applying again.


Here is my piece amongst others. Can you guess which one mine is? Did I mention I love buttons?


Proud mama with my baby. (and a glass of cold refreshing wine)


Onlookers.


Look how packed! SO many people! Also, look how much art there was! WOAH art overload!

The light of God shining over the art.

No comments: